If you are interested in learning how to play an instrument or sing the right way, Grass Roots Music Store is where you want to be! At Grass Roots, we understand the importance of music education and are committed to providing our students with the highest quality lesson programs. We offer lessons for guitar, bass, voice, piano, all woodwind & brass instruments, and all string & orchestra instruments. Together with our staff of dedicated teachers & professional musicians, Grass Roots Music Store brings out the musical best in everyone!
Sign up today and find out why so many make Grass Roots Music Store their choice for music lessons.
ABOUT GRASS ROOTS MUSIC STORE LESSON PROGRAM
- Largest private teaching facility on Long Island with over 40 years of music education experience.
- Private, one-on-one instruction provided in comfortable, modern teaching facilities.
- Lessons available for virtually every instrument, including voice.
- Parents may sit in on their child’s lesson or wait in our comfortable, quiet waiting room.
- Lessons available 7 days a week to accommodate even the busiest schedules.
- Reasonable rates with no long term commitments! Every student is on a simple, month-to-month basis.
- We make learning fun! By taking a modern approach fused together with the basics, students have fun while learning to play properly.
- Students are matched with instructors best suited to their individual needs.
ABOUT OUR TEACHING STAFF
- Our teachers are all educated, top-rated professionals with music degrees in their field and years of teaching experience. We are incredibly selective with what teachers we add to our program, to ensure that we provide our students with the best teachers on Long Island. We curb the growth of our program every year because we simply can not find enough teachers that fit our strict hiring criteria! Feel free to get to know our teachers here.
- Instructors bring their expertise into every lesson. Students benefit by receiving an enriching, higher quality of education.
- All of our teachers utilize proven teaching methods for improved learning and enjoyment.
- Proper technique taught – paramount, especially for younger students.
- Learn at your own pace! Beginners to advanced, all styles and levels, we have the right program for you.
- Our lesson program is the largest on Long Island, and has been for decades. Students have opportunities to network and make friends every time they’re here.
- Our students have the opportunity to participate in our annual recital, held in a large recital hall. Parents, grandparents, relatives and friends may come and enjoy their student’s achievements firsthand.
- Students are encouraged to participate in our many out-of-store performances that are offered, such as the Ocean City Block Party Street Fair, several concerts at local performance venues, and more.
- Various in-store performances are held every year with our students, and are free for all to come and experience their loved ones hard work and success.
- A bi-annual picture day is held for free for all of our students to enjoy with a professional photographer.
- Comfortable, living room quality waiting room on-site for parents and students to enjoy and relax.
- We’re one of Long Island’s major music retailers. Students can purchase name brand merchandise, rent and repair instruments, experiment with new gear, and enjoy our vast selection of sheet music – all under one roof.